Hot meals for hungry people. Guidance for teens who want to turn their lives around. The message of God’s unconditional love. With the help of dedicated staff, volunteers, and community partners, Ray of Hope works to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of disadvantaged people in Waterloo Region.
Ray of Hope Community Centre
Volunteers & Staff:
- Provide guests with hot meals, food hampers, shower and laundry facilities, and access to community nursing.
- Assist guests in crisis and direct them to helpful community resources, like Cocaine Anonymous, Celebrate Recovery, and the Hepatitis Group Support.
- Help guests discover God’s love for them through worship services held in the Community Centre’s chapel every Sunday.
Our Hours Are:
- Sunday: Church Service 3-4pm, Supper 4:30-6pm
- Monday to Friday: Drop-in 3-9:30pm, Supper 7-8:30pm
- Monday to Thursday: Marketplace 6:30-9:30pm
- Saturday: Drop-in 12-2:30pm, Lunch 12-1:30pm
To learn more about how the Ray of Hope Community Centre touches lives and how you can help, please contact us at 1-519-578-8018 ext. 225.
If you wish to see when your Meal Team is scheduled or when there are openings, please check our Meal Team Calendar.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Ray of Hope. Last year, over 2,000 of our volunteers gave their time and energy to help others. We always need volunteers and a variety of positions are available with varying time commitments.
Volunteers from many Christian denominations faithfully serve alongside our chaplains. Together, they:
- Assist in weekly chapel services at our custody facilities, addictions program, and Community Centre.
- Demonstrate compassionate care through programs that include testimonials, bands, drama, teaching, and more.
Interested in sharing God’s love with others?
Please call 1-519-741-8881 and ask for the chaplain.