Hot meals for hungry people. Guidance for teens who want to turn their lives around. The message of God’s unconditional love. With the help of dedicated staff, volunteers, and community partners, Ray of Hope works to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of disadvantaged people in Waterloo Region.
Ray of Hope Community Centre
Volunteers & Staff:
- Provide guests with hot meals, food hampers, shower and laundry facilities, and access to community nursing.
- RAP Room (Resource Advocacy Program): Assist guests in crisis and direct them to helpful community resources, like Cocaine Anonymous, Celebrate Recovery, and the Hepatitis Group Support.
- Help guests discover God’s love for them through worship services held in the Community Centre’s chapel every Sunday.
The Ray of Hope Community Centre is located at 659 King St. East (rear entrance off Stirling Lane) in downtown Kitchener, Ontario.
Our Drop-in Hours (as of Feb 16, 2020) are:
- Sunday: Drop-in 3:00 – 6:00pm; Supper 4:30 – 6:00pm
- Monday – Friday: Drop-in 2:00 – 9:00pm; Supper 7 – 8:30pm
- Saturday: Drop-in 10:00am – 2:30pm; Lunch 12:00 – 1:30pm
Marketplace Hours are:
Appointments must be made in person during the drop-in times listed below!
- Monday & Thursday: 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 9:30am-12:00pm
RAP (Resource Advocacy Program) Room Hours are:
- Monday – Friday: 2:00 – 9:00pm
Chapel Hours are:
- Thursday: 6:00-7:00pm
To learn more about how the Ray of Hope Community Centre touches lives and how you can help, please contact us at 1-519-578-8018 ext. 225.
If you wish to see when your Meal Team is scheduled or when there are openings, please check our Meal Team Calendar.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Ray of Hope. Last year, over 2,000 of our volunteers gave their time and energy to help others. We always need volunteers and a variety of positions are available with varying time commitments.
Chaplaincy Services seeks to demonstrate Christ’s love to those we serve. Our chaplains, along with faithful volunteers from many Christian denominations, serve in a variety of ways:
- Weekly chapel programs, bible studies, sports and music ministry, church outings/special events, prayer, visitation, devotions, spiritual discovery, etc.
Interested in sharing God’s love with others?
Please call 1-519-741-8881 and ask for the chaplain.